There are generally three major IMAPd open-source servers – namely Dovecot, Cyrus and Courier. Herein I sum-up the pros and cons of each of them (based on my experiences and on the things I read):
- Supports Sieve language. Sieve can do vacation for example.
- More complicated to set-up and configure.
- Relatively simple to configure.
- Slow with very big IMAP folders, because does not index mails.
XFS is advised to be used for maildir partition FS – easy backup through xfsdump and stability.
Gosa2 (for Sieve)
timsieved daemon pres nejaky WWW front end (Horde/Ingo nebo SimpleSieve)
- cyrus, curier nebo jiny imap server?